Bouldin Bulletin June/July 2017
The same good stuff you might have read while drinking a cup of coffee —but in digital form.
Thanks to John Shobe, our new Publisher and Rob Clayton our web admin.,for bringing us into a new world of digital publishing – a potentially more mobile-friendly version of the Bouldin Bulletin is available:
Please let us know via an email to email@example.com if you have trouble accessing this online version of the bulletin.
Bouldin Bulletin is also archived on our server
President’s Message with upcoming big Zoning issues and CodeNEXT. Parks Update including Parkland Events Taskforce (PETF) with more informatione here: Special Events RPP Proposal Info-2017-05-12.pdf
BCNA Steering Committee Meeting
June 05, 2017 6:30 PM
The High Road 700 Dawson Road
Agenda here: SCmeeting_agenda-2017-06-05.pdf
CodeNEXT Zone Mapping Open House
Mapping – District Nine
City Council District 9 (CM Kathie Tovo)
When: Saturday, June 3rd, 10:00 am – Noon
Where: Austin City Hall, 301 W. 2nd St.
Here’s the link to the city site for all things CodeNext: https://www.austintexas.gov/codenext
Republic of Texas Biker Rally (ROT Biker Rally)
June 8-11, 2017
EVENTS DOWN THE HILL Whether you’re interested in avoiding traffic, parking issues, or strolling to a good time, here are the websites to discover the goings-on of which to be aware: LONG CENTER http://thelongcenter.org/events/ PALMER AUDITORIUM https://beta.palmereventscenter.com/calendar/
We will try to keep CodeNEXT information here as it becomes available.
CodeNext informational meeting presented by South River City Citizens (SRCC) Monday, May 22 , 7:15 at Life in the City United Methodist Church, 205 E. Monroe.
- 7:15 Meeting procedures, etiquette. Gretchen Otto, SRCC President, Chair
- 7:25 Overview of CodeNEXT, definitions of terms Presenter: Jerry Rusthoven, Assistant Director, City of Austin Planning & Zoning Dept. | firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7:40 Update on the work of the SRCC ad-hoc CodeNEXT committee Presenter: Tom Fitzpatrick, Committee Chair email@example.com
- 7:50 Perspective on the new code from Code Advisory Group (CAG) member and Planning Commissioner Nuria Zaragoza, D9 rep on the CAG and Planning Com firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8:00 Affordability and the new code Presenter: Mandy De Mayo, Executive Director, HousingWorks Austin email@example.com
- 8:10 Historic Preservation and the new code Presenter: Kate Singleton, Executive Director, Preservation Austin firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8:20 Discussion, comments, Q&A
- 8:50 Next steps
Kudos and huge thanks to SRCC President Gretchen Otto for putting this together.
CodeNEXT Draft Comments to Date
Submitted by Susan Moffat, CAG Appointee May 2, 2017
Maps and Documents:
BCNA Special Event Parking Proposal 2017-05-12
Affected Neighborhoods Plan
While still in its formative stage, this program is intended to replace the existing barricade system. The objective of Special Event RPP, like the barricades, is to prevent over parking in the neighborhood during special events. It has the additional benefit of keeping Dawson and Bouldin open to all traffic and will be extended to Mary Street which helps address the over parking that was occurring South of the barricades on Gibson Street.