BCNA Steering Committee Meeting 01-03-2022
BCNA Steering Committee Meeting
January 3rd 2022, 6:45 – 8:45 Zoom
- 6:45 p.m. Meeting Called to Order
- 6:50 p.m. Introductions – Aaron S
- Let’s go around and introduce ourselves by taking a few moments to discuss what is working and how you’d like to see us grow as an organization.
- 7:00 p.m. Approval of 12-06-2021 SC Meeting Minutes – Matt C
- 7:05 p.m. Committee Reports and Appointment of Chairs
- 7:10 p.m. Parks and Green Space – Ingrid Weigand
- 7:20 p.m. Traffic Safety Parking – Thom Parker
- 7:30 p.m Zoning Committee – Jody Zemel
- 7:40 p.m. Creation of New Committee: Community Engagement – Denise Zucco
- 7:50 p.m. Technology Updates – Aaron S
- Groups.io, Contact Page Email Forwarding – What is left to do?
- 7:55 p.m. 10 minute break
- 8:05 p.m. Schedule General Association Meetings – Aaron S
- Last year we went from every-other-month to quarterly. Should we maintain quarterly in 2022 or try a new meeting cadence?
- 8:15 p.m. By-Laws Amendment – Matt C
- 8:25 p.m. Record Retention Policy – Matt C
- We currently have over 15,000 emails dating back to 2009. Should we have a retention policy and if so, what should it look like?
- 8:35 p.m. Other Business
- 8:40 p.m. Executive Session
- This is reserved in case there is anything necessary to discuss.
- 8:45 p.m. Adjourn
Proposed By-Laws Amendment
Section 10. Emergency Response – Virtual Assembly & Voting
In periods of time of declared emergency or public health crisis and/or when the City of Austin Public Health Department issues orders or advisories to avoid or limit in-person meetings or congregations, electronic means of virtual assembly and/or video communication may supplant in-person meeting and election locations. When required to hold a virtual assembly or video communication of a BCNA Standing Committee, Steering Committee, Ad Hoc Committee or General Membership Meeting due to a public health crisis, natural emergency, civil disturbance or other serious disruption to meeting in-person, the use of electronic voting means and communication shall not be barred.