Tag Archives: Minutes

Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

BCNA
Steering Committee Meeting- Minutes
January 9, 2013 (Cyndi Collen’s home)  – Quorum present

In Attendance:
Cyndi Collen         Laura Raun        Ellen Gibbs        Vicki Knipp
Chad Kimbell        Stuart Hampton    Kevin Lewis        Suzy Harriman
Brandon Wilde     Paula Kothman    Ingrid Weigand    Cory Walton

Quorum
Quorum was present as 8 of 9 officers elected in December were present.

Nominations / Appointment and Officer Roles
Chad nominates the following candidates for appointments to be ratified by the GA in February, 2013:  Brandon Wilde for Secretary, Paula Kothman for Yellow Zone Rep and Suzy Harriman for Lavender Zone Rep.  Vicki seconds.  Vote is unanimous, Yes.
Stuart nominates Chad Kimbell for Zoning Committee Chair, Cory seconds. Vote is unanimous, Yes.
Cyndi nominates Ingrid Weigand for Parks Committee Chair, Ellen seconds.  Vote is unanimous, Yes.
Reviewed roles of sector reps and Secretary for new officers

Wilson Street apartments — Cyndi & Chad
Reviewed details proposed by the team representing Eureka Holdings for 2324 Wilson Street.  Discussed details of the up-zoning from MF3 to MF6 they are requesting and what the impact would be on the neighborhood and within the guidelines of the Neighborhood Plan.
Motion from Cory:  BCNA takes no position at this time because the process for zoning change has not begun nor have we received enough critical information on both Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the project.  We look forward in continuing with to work with property owner’s  team and we are very interested in the opinions of the impacted neighbors.  Chad seconds the motion.  Vote is unanimous, Yes.
Lavender Zone sector rep, with the assistance of Laura (Communications) will be responsible to cascade the information to the residents of the Lavender Zone and to BCNA web-site and elist.

Zoning Update — Chad
500 S. 3rd Street has filed a vacation of a public restrictive covenant.  A private covenant has been requested by the immediate neighbors and drawn up by the owner’s attorney to add some protection if the public restrictive covenant is granted vacation by the City. This Private Restrictive Covenant needs to be reviewed and voted upon. SC had a question regarding why a conditional overlay is not being used.  Next steps for Chad to take is to determine the appropriate process in accordance with BCNA By-Laws.

Parks Update —  Ingrid
Ingrid Weigand —  had a meeting with PARD to review the proposed design of the WBGB entrance.  Lengthy process with PARD to get funds released, funds left is around $54,000.  This is informational and no vote for the SC at this time.  Parks cleanup is January 19th.

General
– Last Friday Happy Hour to meet and socialize with neighbors will be held at El Mercado, January 25th.
– Discussed other ways to engage with neighbors
– Next SC meeting will be Monday evening, February 4th.  Suzy will look into location, possibly St. Igancious Church.

February General Association Meeting Minutes

BCNA

General Association Meeting   – Minutes

Feb 21, 2012 — Elks Lodge

SC Members In Attendance:   Stuart Hampton, Ingrid Weigand, Ben Bishop, Cyndi Collen, Cassidy Neal, Gary Hyatt, Brad Peterson, Bill Ley, Vandy Hendrickson, Ronnie Ditmar

I.  Introductions

Cassidy- went over gen meeting and steering committee standard schedule

Introduced pct 4 Constable Maria Conchola (lives in travis hgts) and Deputies Flores and Bound.

II. Constable Precinct 4 Report

Maria: Kevin Lewis asked the constable to patrol due to increased break-ins. Needed a presence. Started patrolling Travis Heights first. Now patrolling Bouldin since August. Patrols in a stealth car. Not here to write tickets. Role to be a presence. Asked for input on what role we’d like them to have. Can communicate with APD. In General, constable’s role is civil process…not crime fighters. They serve the court. Suggested adding them to the list serve. Coordinates with Robert Barbosa of APD. Works school zones. Call 911 in case of emergency. Don Bound called themselves the “Mayberry police force”.

III. Bouldin Creek Plan Contact Team Report

Stuart Hampton_ informed us on the Bouldin Creek Neighborhood Plan contact team report. Residents and biz are stakeholders. 2002 comprehensive neighborhood plan came from this team. Annual meeting. 411 Monroe 7-8 on 2/23. Will email to listserv.

IV.  Ernest Pedraza

Officer Ernest Pedraza introduced himself. Ret APD. Running for constable against Maria Conchola. 29th of May possible election.

V.  Parks Report

Jody Zemel report- brush gone. Watershed took it thankfully. Nicolas Dawson park cleanup recap

VI. South Congress Advisory Group: Parking Issues Survey Preliminary Results

Working group involves various stakeholders: City depts, neighborhood, businesss. Survey sent list serve 70 and hard copy 29 (all yellow).

Elec- yellow and rest. 84% had weekend issues more so. 75% more on street parking

RPP results: various comments. 66 answered. 80% no RPP today. Parking meters Soco 49% disagreed. 33% agreed. Meters in residential neighborhood: 64% not agree

RPP one side: 29 for, 47 disagreed

RPP blanket (1 and 1) 27 agreed, 46 dis

Leave alone. 46% agreed

Soco empl: no

Lease parking for employees 63% yes

Request enforcement. Overwhelming yes

Cassidy to summarize at later date.

Yellow zone hard copy results:

Brandon from S Congress merchants and Big Top candy reports 24/7 RPP is going away. City is moving towards doing their own move. Trying to work with neighborhood to create a compromise that works so city doesn’t dictate. Cassidy has stated this has stalled out. No real answers. Jody- city told to find solution. Council wants a resolution. Nothing yet. So becoming likely the city will make one. FAQ needed to provide more history of ideas that have been vetted and information to help inform current proposals

VII. Other News

Monday meeting south shore district. Dougherty arts and other areas. Jody post on listserv.

Livable city-imagine Austin. Kevin Lewis to post